Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Mount Buller Trip











I went to Mt Buller last Saturday. Told myself that I must experience snowing. I mean I have seen and touched snow in New Zealand but not snowing! Heehee...God granted my wish!!! In fact, it was snowing the WHOLE DAY! It was so cold that I wished it would stop. Haha!

The view up in the mountain was...SPECTACULAR. I had a great time with Li Nah and Jenny (2 Singaporeans who just arrived). We took the chairlift which is around AU$19 and I love toboggan!!! SO FUN!!!

As I was reflecting on the trip, I have so many things to give thanks. Besides, the snow, fun and good company. Most of all, I want to thank God for safety. We booked a day trip to Mt Buller and there were 2 pick-up point, one at the city and the other at boxhill. I am the only one staying in the city which means I need to be in the city as early as 5.50am...alone. I checked the tram schedule and apparently there were no tram at that time.

To be honest, I was very worried because it can be quite dangerous walking early in the morning. It is so dark and quiet and there may drunkards and homeless in the city. I pray...very hard for God to provide me with a solution. However, I was still worried after praying. In fact, I was so scared...heehee...that I could not sleep that night.

Anyway, I woke up at 4.30am and left the house at 5.05am as it will take me around 40min to walk. The moment I stepped out of my apartment...lo and behold...there was a tram...waiting (I would like to think it was waiting for me:p). Thank God! I did not have to walk to town and I got there on time. I felt so silly for worrying!

No comments: