Monday, February 26, 2007

First Day of School

First day of school! I feel like a student going to school and attending lessons for the first time. Hey! Wait! I am a student!!! Haha! Anyway, today was a fulfilling day. I walked to uni and it took me around an hour. But it was a good walk...want to save money mah! The tram ticket here is very expensive unlike Singapore. A day pass is around $6.10. But there are cheaper options like $2.67 for a 2hrs tram ride...but still...walking is more economical and I needed the exercise:o)

I was in school at 10.30am and went straight to the library to do my research for my thesis. Heehee, I am a model student:p I am still thinking of what to do...sigh...must think about what I am passionate about. I went for my first lesson at 1pm. The course is "Invitation to Critical Thinking". I signed up for it because it was free...but came out feeling very confused! Apparently, there is no definition for "critical thinking" because no matter how you try to define it, people will be critical about it...that means it will never be right. Do you get it? Critical thinking is...I better not try to define it or else the critics out there will try to question and correct me:p

Anyway, that was my first lesson...After that, I went to the library again to look at other people's theses to give me a rough idea on how to write a thesis. On top of that, I also borrowed 4 books and hopefully my inspiration will come...

My next and final lesson was at 5:15 to 8:15 on "Counselling in Educational Settings"...very interesting. I like it...today was only the orientation so we did not do much but played two games to get to know one another and do a case study. We learnt more about each other and how people reacted to situation through the games. As for the case study, we went into a group discussion and as usual...I was very quiet. Then all the sudden one of my group members asked "Eunice, do you have anything to say?" I was dumbfounded for awhile...didn't know what to say because they have said it all!!!! So I just went...blah blah blah...I don't even remember what I said! Must be something irrelevant or stupid...URGHHHHHHHHH! Nevermind, I will be thick skin and next time I will make sure I am the first to give my opinion. After lesson, I was thinking of walking home again but it was too dark and quiet. So I took tram home. That was my day...my typical day for the next 1.5 years! hmm...I can live with that...at least it is not the same from what I was doing for the past 7 years:o)

1 comment:

Giggle said...

Haha, typical Singaporeans - always go for cheap cheap n free free things =) that's why you ended up so confused mah ... if the course requires payment, I'm sure you won't be that confused and would be able to think critically ... heehee

Giggle giggle giggle =)